IT Support Administrator
Hoya Lens Australia is an international market leader in the manufacture and supply of ophthalmic lenses. With established branches across the globe, this is a perfect opportunity to join and become a valuable part in supporting a growing business in the Australian Market. We provide a wide portfolio of high quality products to eye care professionals and with our growing successful organisation, the ideal candidate will be presented with various career development opportunities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the team as an IT Support Administrator based in our offices in Alexandria. The successful candidate will report to the IT Manager and will be primarily responsible for providing a customer service oriented, high level support for all IT services and our Custom Developed Manufacturing System.
While the key focus is on IT and our Manufacturing Software support, the incumbent will be expected to support the wider business community, and to manage incidents and requests outside this scope relating to IT services such as 1stline Help Desk / Service Desk, our ANZ based community often require a more personalised service.
It is critical to be able to respond to escalated 1st line tickets, as well as to personalised requests for assistance.
In addition to excellent customer service skills, a strong technical ability is required to ensure the IT environment runs smoothly. This may require work to be completed outside of normal office hours, and at short notice.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Support the reporting, logging and follow-up actions regarding planned and unplanned downtime
- Update and track all Incidents via the Help Desk logging system, ensuring accurate and meaningful information is entered in the description, details and resolution of Incidents and Requests.
- Provide a high level of service and troubleshooting IT service needs; including computer, printing and handheld device, (Apple MAC /iPhone/iPad/iTunes and mobile phone), support.
- Provide IT assistance as required to the wider business community
- Be responsible for the setup and delivery of general business IT workstations and production based IT workstations including; the setup and provision of new IT equipment, computers, printers, handheld devices, (Apple MAC/iPhone/iPad/iTunes and mobile phone), connection of new desk phone handsets, activating network points for phone and data (patching), etc..
- Be responsible for the management of all IT spares in ANZ ensuring urgent replacements are allocated when required and then replaced.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management and support of the audio visual equipment.
- Assist in ensuring the data backup process is adhered to as directed.
- Provide a point of contact and assist as directed in the provision of IT Hardware and Software services.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of online documentation (i.e. training manuals, process and procedural documents and client User Guides) that pertain to all IT services and Manufacturing Software Systems.
- Assist with the development and distribution of Information to the company staff across the ANZ region
- Escalate unresolved issues to 3rd and 4th line technical teams and external vendors in a timely manner
- Possession of a high level of customer service skills.
- At least four years’ experience in a corporate IT department or team preferably in a similar environment to the company (i.e. locations, client platform and network environment)
- Experience supporting business in their IT needs in a Deskside and Telephone Support function
- Relevant training or significant experience in supporting Microsoft products, in particular Operating System and Office application
- Previous experience with an Service Desk case management system
- Experience with Apple MAC, iTunes and IOS based devices including current iPad and iPhone models
- A sound understanding of the following systems:
- Sharepoint Services and Administration
- Anti-virus deployment and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of application packaging and deployment
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited information to resolve complex issues
- Work with a proactive approach to identify potential issues and resolve before they become a problem.
- Understanding and experience of security principles and system administration activities
- Understanding experience of technical change management principles including testing principles, and separation of production and non-production activities
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- A tertiary/TAFE qualification in Information Services and/or related discipline is preferred
- Formal training or experience in using Qlikview, Salesforce and VmWare/Xen Server is preferred
- Experience in the Optical industry and/or fast moving consumer goods industry is desirable
If you have the above skills and experience along with a disciplined work ethic, the ability to multi task, effective time management skills and a positive, solutions focused approach and a can do attitude then we would love to hear from you!
In return we can offer you a competitive salary package, ongoing training and development and the opportunity to join a great team of dedicated professionals.
If you have an interest in joining the HOYA Lens Australia team, please forward your CV and a covering letter to our Human Resources Manager, Lydia Mackintosh at Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoya Lens Australia is an international market leader in the manufacture and supply of ophthalmic lenses. With established branches all across the globe, this is a perfect opportunity to join a highly reputable organisation and become a valuable part of its New Zealand Sales team. We provide a wide portfolio of high quality products to eye care professionals. Part of our philosophy is to develop the best quality and most innovative products for our customers.
A Full Time Sales Consultant position has become available in our Auckland office. Reporting to the NZ Sales Manager, you will be joining a great team of dedicated professionals and a company which encourages personal growth and development.
Duties will include:
- Sales calls carried out in line with the company’s sales process
- Identifying opportunities for growth
- Meet or exceed sales budget/targets in accordance with the Sales plan
- Developing and implementing a sales growth plan for the given territory
- Negotiation of supply and partnership agreements
- Preparation of supply and Partnership agreements in conjunction with the sales manager
- Sales support
- Sales presentations and training
- Regular and ad hoc reporting as required by manager
- Market analysis
- Seminars/presentations both inside and outside of business hours
- Attendance at trade shows and events as outlined by the sales manager
- Gathering and reporting on industry trends and activities
- Compliance to internal procedures
Applicants must have and/or be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Sales skills (including ability to close)
- Good numeracy skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Optical industry knowledge
- Excellent Rapport and relationship building skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Optical Mechanic/Dispenser preferred
- At least 3 years experience in an optical retail role preferred
Successful applicants will be provided with full training in our extensive product range.
To apply, please forward your email and covering letter to Lydia.email@example.com